Skip to main content

About Solidity

I think I need to improve myself and my current situation, because I am dissatisfied (at least a little bit) with how things are. I have a drive to improve, improve. There is some urge whether it’s an internal drive or an external push from society. So I strive for change. 


For my recent times it all was about exercise more, eat better, read more, be more mindful, do more productive work, and be more disciplined.
 
And yet, I struggle with change. Why is that? What’s going on? Why am I going to accomplish with this?
 
For temporary mundane sake, the problem is that I cling to the illusion of solidity.
 
Allow me to explain. It turns out that I want things to be solid in my lives: I want a solid accomplishment, money routine, work routine, daily routine. I want a solid version of myself, that’s not so blown about by the winds of whim.
 
I want everyone else around me to be solid, dependable, stable, the way I want them to be. I want my relationships with human to be solid, trustworthy. I want my body to be solid, not subject to injury and illness. I want everyone else to be solid and not die or get sick. Of course, my rational minds know this always possible, but still, this is what I want. Solidity.
 
Unfortunately, I’m grasping for something solid in a river. There is no solidity, just fluidity.
 
I am fluid, like water. Nonsolid, like an air.
 
And yet I want myself to be solid. I grasp for this solidity, despite my fluidity. I struggle with my improvements, because even if I perfectly plan my solid progress, I will never follow this perfectly solid plan. I drip through the form I created for myself, find the cracks and leak out of it.
 
Everything else around me is also nonsolid. Every other entity is just as fluid as we are. I want everything and everyone to be solid, but they aren’t. They never will.
 
So how to tackle this?
 
For now, I can just barely consider none of the problems around me are that big of a deal. There’s nothing I can’t handle. So, till I get the problem I can’t solve in future time, help me to do what I have to do.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tentang Kreasi dan Konsumsi

Bagaimana kita mencerna berpengaruh terhadap kualitas aksi yang kita lakukan. Apa yang menjadi asupan kita bertindak sebagai bahan bakar semangat. Dan kapan aksi yang kita lakukan menjadi gambaran bagaimana hidup akan berjalan.

Ayah yang Khawatir

Menurutku, semakin kita bertambah dewasa, beberapa istilah yang kita kenal dari kecil akan berubah perwujudan konkretnya di kepala, antara melebar dan mendalam. Kita tidak lagi terpaku hanya pada makna harfiah saja. Istilah hanya digunakan untuk mengerecutkan maksud komunikator kepada komunikan. Pemahaman komunikan, lagi-lagi dipengaruhi  oleh perubahan tersebut.