Skip to main content

2k16

First of all. Sorry it took some times for the post. Both contributor had to span holidays and we agreed to postpone our writing for the next deadline. So here I am. Writing (dedicated to this blog) for the first time in 2k16.

So what it is people said to other during these start of so called Gregorian calendar for 2016?
A Happy New Year isn't it?
It started with a word Happy. I bet that's a hope for a conditional state of mind during 2k16. And it recur every single year. Why on earth this has to be happened? Is it human that constantly have sustained this habit for decrease their own happiness in time after celebration? Are they have this stagnancy for mental state so they have to wish happiness periodically? Or is it just a nice gesture for human to their civilization? I hope the answer is a nice one, if one proceeds to have the answer(s).
 
So it's 2k16. Bear that you're already can do calculation with that number and subtract it with the year that you born. Getting the number, have you ever think what's the thing you really accomplish in that epoch of time? What's the goodness you've done to your surrounding? Where have you been all this time? How far have you let yourself discover many cool thing that you don't know yet? Which part of your life you know stuck and you've done something for it? How much value have you ever produce?
Yay. Fortunately that's periodical (and also typical) question I've must overcome every year (that come from myself) to myself. And to cherish this new year, I'll do some throwback for last 12 months.
 
January. The adjustment period. It's a mess taking every goodness of technology for granted while you're not in Indonesia. Collecting crumbled piece of final project that you left for a semester. And reestablish some kind of presence in college.
February. The fall of the broken ship. Embracing the fact that this is my 4th semester doing same 5 credits course. Also to know that the person I contacted for a year which was also the main source of my project were mutated to some other hospital. And here I am. Alone in the ship with no helmsman. Wrecking to unknown island. Stranded with no feasible option to survive.
March. The (pseudo-)paradise in the remote island. Having nothing left during marooned time, I found my paradise somewhere in the island. The holy ancient that deemed to be worshiped. The globally known ancient that had the most worshiper of the same kind. And to be the most skilled worshiper is who am I during that time.
April. The indoctrination period. From the grass-root to the skilled saint kind of worshiper. From collecting the leftover from the fortunate to preaching the unfortunate. From the know-what to the know-why kind of learner. And so on.
May. Finding a needle in the haystack. Against all odd, goodness (WILL ALWAYS) comes for those who believe. I believe that this wrongness in me had some cure. And in a magical way, I FOUND THAT NEEDLE.
June. The atonement. If you know the penance widely practiced by Christians, this might be the closest thing to it. Ramadan's in the corner. And I become the man I used to be.
July. The repentance. Enough is enough. You'll know why there's always way out of any worst situation when you face it. Most of the time, giving kindness is what I did this time (which I rarely did)
August. The new fascicle begin. Registering for a new semester with new supervisor for final project. New phase of Yang. Having a little fun with Dikti again. Setting up some new trip. Brand new outlook.
September. The neural network. Acquiring a project that needs expert judgement made me have to do a lot of exploration. This very month I dedicated to those stakeholder of my project.
October. Fun with the kids. You can't believe how happy I am having a lot of encounter with elementary student as your primary data for your project.
November. Shop and drive. Doing preliminary research with the instrument that isn't good is tough. Having a research partner who isn't that good is tough. Life is tough. We shall be tougher.
December. An eye over the screen. As the storm come over, the sail must be lid. As the rainbow will appear, the weather must be clear. There's no day without a screen.
 
Another yay!
 
At the end of the day, we’d all like to be better at what is most important to us. No doubt on that. What I just did also merely a way to introspect my past deed.
What I learn from 2k15 is.....
When I do something, whether it’s good or bad, I take time for reflection. I asked myself (Was it difficult enough? Was it too easy? Did it make me better? Did it not?). It sounds simple and sounds facile, but I think we tend not to do it. We naturally gravitate toward increasing comfort in everything we do in our doings. We become more efficient and we fall prey to that efficiency. That’s a disaster.

When all our efforts are things that we can do easily and without thinking about them, we’re not going to improve.
 
And it’s never too late to be great.
 
Hello 2k16! Are you ready to greet one great people (read: me) in front of you?!


To complete this post, let's see what 200 people wish from the past and make sure we learn from them. Credits to Tim for the post.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tentang Kreasi dan Konsumsi

Bagaimana kita mencerna berpengaruh terhadap kualitas aksi yang kita lakukan. Apa yang menjadi asupan kita bertindak sebagai bahan bakar semangat. Dan kapan aksi yang kita lakukan menjadi gambaran bagaimana hidup akan berjalan.

Ayah yang Khawatir

Menurutku, semakin kita bertambah dewasa, beberapa istilah yang kita kenal dari kecil akan berubah perwujudan konkretnya di kepala, antara melebar dan mendalam. Kita tidak lagi terpaku hanya pada makna harfiah saja. Istilah hanya digunakan untuk mengerecutkan maksud komunikator kepada komunikan. Pemahaman komunikan, lagi-lagi dipengaruhi  oleh perubahan tersebut.