Skip to main content

About (effective) crying

Lot of things happened recently. And to document what happened isn't easy for me, especially to express it verbally. But recent moments is enough to (again) realize and take a look on something: the more I resist to deny that I never cry, the more I have this ability to recall each tears I've spent on something. The more I want stuff to happen, the more likely it won't happened at all. The more I did not expect something foolishly, the more calmness followed.
 
To solve is to know thy question. And let me be clear about what crying is first. In a simple way, I agreed that crying is a response to inflicted emotion. For some expert, crying described to be a nonverbal communication in order to elicit altruistic behavior from others. Some have also claimed that crying can serve several biochemical purposes, such as relieving stress and releasing toxins from the body. Crying is believed to be an outlet or a result of a burst of intense emotional sensations, such as agony, surprise or joy. This theory is more plausible as it explains why people cry during cheerful events, as well as very painful events.
 
That's how to look it in a measurable way.

But have you ever experienced some kind of unexplainable cry? The kind of cry that pop out of nowhere anytime. The kind of cry you can't control its burst. 
  
I believe crying is supposed to be good for us. Tears contain toxins, after all. And feel-good chemicals are released in the body whenever we cry tears of emotional issues. But I also suspect some people cry frequently, but not fully. They’re good at crying but never seem to heal from what’s hurting them. Or maybe they spent a lot of time crying but the reason they cry never get past them. They cry physically but do not know to cry efficiently. And by efficient I mean to cry for the sake of goodness. For better good.
 
So what to do? Make. Those. Tears. Count.
 
As for me, I never judge my feelings while I'm having them; there’s always a reason something’s a big deal or took some consideration. There's a way I can make my cry is worth the while. That making yourself crying is one way to pursue our better self.
 
Some times, people cried for other people. I believe in some extent its good. But crying solely for others isn't a progress. To just cry for others isn't healthy. There's a fine line between emotionally sad because you had this capability to feel for other and to have empathy for your own self. Crying for good is knowing you can cry for others and simultaneously understand that you also cry for yourself. You cry because you want to feel their sadness.
 
As mundane as life is seems, I also believe that cry is not an easy process. We may encounter many things in life but that does not mean that we can cry over them. And for that, I want to cry more over thing. To cry over spilt milk is to rehearse us take nothing for granted.
 
To unleash unlimited power thy must learn not to limit themself. I also did not set limit when crying happened. For human being to be able to function both their head and heart, never ever force cry to stop or to increase. Your heart will decide when enough is enough. If we connect with the true source of pain, we'll find its finite. But we do not get to dictate a time limit for our sorrow. Be patient. Be unlimitted.
 
Also, do not forget to pick up where you left off. Reflect. Don't stress out if pain suddenly reappear. Tears are like pet. You can not lead them on a leash.
 
And for the better or for the worst, I try to speak kind words to myself. Being raised with unconventional way, I grow up able to handle violence and relentlessly strive for competition. In the process, the way life give me harshness often deflects on how I treat myself. So there we go. A better world with a kind words. What this had to do with cry? Cry is highly associated with self-talk. So when you try to talk with yourself, be sure to be kind.
 
Yeah. If you remember just one thing from this post, let it be compassionate cry. Good night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tentang Kreasi dan Konsumsi

Bagaimana kita mencerna berpengaruh terhadap kualitas aksi yang kita lakukan. Apa yang menjadi asupan kita bertindak sebagai bahan bakar semangat. Dan kapan aksi yang kita lakukan menjadi gambaran bagaimana hidup akan berjalan.

Ayah yang Khawatir

Menurutku, semakin kita bertambah dewasa, beberapa istilah yang kita kenal dari kecil akan berubah perwujudan konkretnya di kepala, antara melebar dan mendalam. Kita tidak lagi terpaku hanya pada makna harfiah saja. Istilah hanya digunakan untuk mengerecutkan maksud komunikator kepada komunikan. Pemahaman komunikan, lagi-lagi dipengaruhi  oleh perubahan tersebut.