Skip to main content

Creating Serendipity


To every extent you've been through,
To every single tick of second you've spent,
To every sweat you've produced,
To every iteration you've done,
To every emotion that came by,
In your life..

Thank them.




When I was child I used to stay longer with something that bother my train of thought. Every unthinkable things (or that I can't comprehend in that time) annoyed me. And what I always did was ask everyone about it. Or think about it. Or read more until I can understand it.
As I grow old, this habit never cease. But the intensity were decreasing over time.
In the same childhood also I used to try physical activity until I can practice it by myself or I'm tired. Or bored. Name it football, cycling, swimming, tennis, painting, learning musical instrument, practicing new language, sculpturing, skating, dancing, and thousand other things this world offers. Never came to my mind that I can't do anything as long as I try it hard enough. Don't you think that most critical time to shape our body and create our limit for our own physical capability happened when we were young, do you?
As I grow old, this habit never cease. But the intensity were decreasing over time.
And if I'm not starting to forgot, I used to tease people until they get mad at me. I don't know why but the way people react were always intrigued me. I used to tease them until the last second they get to react badly at me. That's how I did my social experiment.
As I grow old, this habit never cease. But the intensity were decreasing over time.

Life is an astonishing journey you only confront once or at least that we know of. You have to experience joy, fear, sad, disgust, and angry (thanks to Riley). One time your blissfulness goes beyond ecstasy. Some other time your despair haunting you to the night you dream. But still, you keep on going. You know you've had something on you that must be delivered to the world. And to that, till this point, you keep doing what you do.

But for now, let's talk about our present self. Our wholeness as a results of our past deed. A place where we now stand strong while we remain in pursuit of our dream.
Or in short, we aren't we if we're not doing what we did, right?

I'm grateful though. Without my stubbornness, I wouldn't accidentally screw this bad. And for only-God-knew, I'm still happy as wop knowing this. But again, I still did what I did best (screwing.red). Still rest assured that what I'm doing is merely expend my bad luck quota so I can expect only good things will happen next. Surprisingly, that's my "fortune mechanism". Or least I can comprehend it as to why I can be this kind of charmed. Why am I telling you this? Because every time I fall, a lot of new good people came across my path. And that's the best thing ever happened in my life.
Come to think of it, I remember the story of Penzias and Wilson that they had looked for bird poo; they had accidentally discovered the first proof of cosmic microwave background radiation. Science finally had proof of the Big Bang and Penzias and Wilson had a Nobel Prize. Or if I recall it a bit further, Fleming discovering penicillin because he accidentally forgot to wash his petri dishes.
Well, I knew it's not fair to compare my case with things above. But one thing is sure: Every people had their serendipity. Who knows what will come next for us? Some of the best learning happens this way. The question is, how do we maximize our exposure to these peripheral opportunities and how do we learn from them?

My answer? By letting myself take chances, try different things, and almost most importantly, by allowing myself to make mistakes and get into situations where serendipity can help me strike gold.
Don’t be so quick to call fail on you who is trying something new. Screw hard. Introspect harder. You don’t stumble across a nice town if you follow your satellite navigation directions to the letter. The road less traveled isn’t always the road least worthy of travel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tentang Kreasi dan Konsumsi

Bagaimana kita mencerna berpengaruh terhadap kualitas aksi yang kita lakukan. Apa yang menjadi asupan kita bertindak sebagai bahan bakar semangat. Dan kapan aksi yang kita lakukan menjadi gambaran bagaimana hidup akan berjalan.

Ayah yang Khawatir

Menurutku, semakin kita bertambah dewasa, beberapa istilah yang kita kenal dari kecil akan berubah perwujudan konkretnya di kepala, antara melebar dan mendalam. Kita tidak lagi terpaku hanya pada makna harfiah saja. Istilah hanya digunakan untuk mengerecutkan maksud komunikator kepada komunikan. Pemahaman komunikan, lagi-lagi dipengaruhi  oleh perubahan tersebut.